Important Events: 10/17: Reconciliation Meeting @ 7:00pm 10/18: Portillo's for Good @ 5-8pm (S. Halsted Street)
Good afternoon Room 105 Families,
Thank you to those of you who are always so patient with me. This last week has been crazy, with conferences and even my little car accident! I am getting right back on track and have created a new system to make sure I do not get this behind again. Here are a few important updates:
1. Last week we focused on fables and folktales, taking a break from our normal test schedule. The students all wrote their very own fables so look forward to those coming home. Our normal tests will start again this Friday with our usual test!
2. I am starting a new math system in our classroom. I am going to be teaching a 10 minute mini lesson and then will pull groups to my table in 15 minute increments. This will help me teach to each individual and push them as far as I need to. I have also introduced a new website to the children. It is mathgames.com. I will be sending home a note card tomorrow with each child's login. This website has some great games to help students with their math facts. I will also be assigning work to the students that they will be completing during their technology station during math. This will allow me to zero in on exactly what skill each child is missing.
3. We are spending our religion time this week to work on our Respect Life Essays. Tomorrow, I will be sending home a letter explaining the essay. Students will be bringing home their rough drafts to work on with you. They will then turn a final draft in by the 27th. Help your child through the writing process :)
4. Friday I will not be in school. Please talk with you child about how important it is to behave for the substitute. There are a few students who are very nervous about me being gone for the day, so please encourage them to think the best about the day. It will be a normal Fun Friday and I am leaving incredibly detailed notes for the substitute. Also, Fran Grund will be in the room the ENTIRE day, so I am not worried about the day.
5. Check out our new tab! I have created a page or resources for you all to look at, including what we use in class! :)