Important Events 2/13- Valentine's Day Party/ Free Jeans day (Valentine's theme) 2/14- Valentine's exchange (optional) 2/14- Ash Wednesday Class Mass 2/16-2/19- President's Day long Weekend
Hello Room 105 family and friends, Thanks to all who did a fabulous job with Reconciliation this weekend. I am so proud of all of you :) I hope the snow day was enjoyable for you all as well! Here is an update on what is coming up in Room 105.
1. Valentine's Day is this week :) Yay! Thank you ahead of time to our room moms who ALWAYS put together a fabulous party for the kids! We appreciate you. With it being a party day, this is also a PTO Pizza lunch day. It is also a day where students can wear jeans and a Valentine's Day themed shirt. An email went home, so please double check the guidelines.
2. I have decided we will do a Valentine exchange on WEDNESDAY since we already have the party on Tuesday. If you would like to send valentines with your child, we would love to share the love! :) We have 25 students. Please make sure you send 25 so we don't have any children left out.
3. This Wednesday is Ash Wednesday and the second grade is in charge of the mass. Since everyone has now had a turn in the mass, I decided that our students who are Catholic would be leading our mass because it is such an important day in the Lenten Season. Copies of readings and petitions will be coming home in folders today! Please practice with your students at home!
4. We have received more lice in the room. It is coming from coats/hats/etc. touching in lockers. The cleaning crew and I have DEEP cleaned the lockers today and I am doing my best to keep coats/hats separate from one another so we can stop this right in their tracks. It is very important you are checking your child, even if they are not complaining about itching.
Important Events: **2/10 Reconciliation** 2/9 $1 Jeans Day
1. Lice and Pink Eye: To address questions I have received, the room has been incredibly disinfected and deep cleaned by not only myself, but our wonderful cleaning crew as well! These are both highly contagious, so if you suspect your child is a little extra itchy, please check them before sending them to school! :)
2. Reconciliation is Saturday! I will be chatting with Pat Kahl tomorrow to get the specifics on the event (I am a little in the dark with it being my first year! She keeps forgetting I have never done this before). I will be sending home a HARD COPY LETTER to those who are participating with details for our class.
*** Not all students will be receiving Reconciliation. If you are not Catholic, and or have not turned in your child's Baptismal Certificate to the office, your child will not be receiving the sacrament. That of course means you do not need to come :)
3. If you have any questions about the Star Testing you have received, please reach out so we can schedule a conference. I am more than happy to discuss growth/areas of improvement.
4. Valentines Day: Our Valentines day party is going to be on February 13th. If you would like to send your child with paper valentines, we will do a collection during the morning. If you are going to be passing out any sort of treat, please make sure it is in a bag that I can have students pass out at the end of the day :)
5. Please continue with the use Dream Box at home! It is doing some great stuff for the kiddos :)